No products in the cart.
Our San Franciscan roaster is a hand-crafted American-made work of art, designed and built by coffee roasting professionals in Carson City, NV, and is perfect for our small-batch roasts. We roast in the light to medium-dark range because we believe it brings out the most interesting flavors in the beans such as fruit, nut, and spice notes.
We carefully select and cup every lot of green beans in our roastery in order to best describe its flavor profile. We start by smelling the ground coffee for fragrance notes. Next, we pour hot water over the grounds and smell for aromatic notes. Last, we slurp the liquid and taste for flavor notes. Our collective experience of the coffee becomes the basis for the descriptive labels you’ll find on our bags.
This Kenya has all of the pleasant complexity of African coffee with lively, but not bracing acidity. Even some of our most dedicated medium to darker roast lovers have told us they are enjoying this flavorful brew! These beans come from very small growers that have organized since 1953 under the Rungeto Farmers Cooperative Society, which processes their beans in facilities known for quality and consistency. Try out this unique coffee for yourself!
- Region: Kirinyaga County near Mt. Kenya
- Process: Fully washed; dried on raised beds
- Roast: Light
- Notable: Grown by smallholders in volcanic loam
- Tasting Notes: A tropical array with juicy orange and key lime acidity; medium body with peach, passion fruit & blackberry notes.
An exquisite & flavorful blend of sustainably grown beans from Ethiopia. Makes the most amazing aromatic black coffee or tangy single-origin espresso. Light roasted for some Summer snap with clean acidity and floral aftertaste. We include a botanical bag of lavender & lemon peel to further enhance your brews.
- Farm/Co-op: various smallholders
- Varietal: Heirloom
- Process: Blend of natural process and washed beans
- Notable: Sustainably grown
- Tasting Notes: Jammy berries, watermelon and sweet florals; lively lemon acidity.
Our Brazils are all crowd-pleasers, but this new one is special indeed! We haven’t had a pulped natural Brazil in several years; also biodynamic is a very holistic way to farm and means that it goes beyond organic practices including applications of homeopathically treated compost based on the rhythms of nature. Excels at all brew methods!
- Region: Chapada Diamantina National Park
- Process: Pulped natural
- Roast: Medium
- Notable: Biodynamic & organically-grown at Fazenda Floresta by Luca Allegro
- Tasting Notes: Smooth milk chocolate & peanut butter pie. Graham cracker sweetness, hints of vanilla, velvet body, light lemon acidity.
Route 606 is our ever-evolving medium roast house blend with solid body & a clean finish. Gets you in the express lane as a straight shot and is a sublime ride in a latte.
*2016 Bronze Medal winner in Compak Golden Bean roasting competition!
- Region: The Americas and Indonesia
- Varietal: Blend
- Process: Washed & wet hulled (parchment & seed dried)
- Notable: Organically-grown, fair trade
- Tasting Notes: Caramel, cocoa nibs, cherry, orange rind, light lemon.
Sourced from the slopes of Mount Elgon in the Bugisu region from family owned farms. This Uganda is extremely versatile! We find that it makes a stellar brewed coffee, single origin espresso and also cold brew or Japanese style iced coffee. You can’t go wrong!
- Region: Kapchorwa District E. Uganda
- Process: Washed
- Roast: Medium dark
- Notable: Rainforest Alliance, organically grown
- Flavor Notes: Dark chocolate, black pepper, molasses, mildly earthy, mellow plum acidity.
Ethically sourced from the most reputable cooperatives, this blend is incredibly flavorful and complex. The SWISS WATER® Process is environmentally friendly, chemical free, and 99.9% caffeine free. Don’t settle for less… this coffee tastes amazing!
- Region: Latin America, Indonesia, Africa
- Process: SWISS WATER® Decaffeination
- Notable: Organically-grown, fair trade
- Tasting Notes: Cocoa with toffee sweetness and herbal notes. Full body; green apple acidity. Excels as espresso and brew!