No products in the cart.
Our San Franciscan roaster is a hand-crafted American-made work of art, designed and built by coffee roasting professionals in Carson City, NV, and is perfect for our small-batch roasts. We roast in the light to medium-dark range because we believe it brings out the most interesting flavors in the beans such as fruit, nut, and spice notes.
We carefully select and cup every lot of green beans in our roastery in order to best describe its flavor profile. We start by smelling the ground coffee for fragrance notes. Next, we pour hot water over the grounds and smell for aromatic notes. Last, we slurp the liquid and taste for flavor notes. Our collective experience of the coffee becomes the basis for the descriptive labels you’ll find on our bags.
Roberto Montero is the kind of guy we’d like to meet! A third generation coffee farmer, Roberto has donated over 6,000 hectares of land to create La Amistad International Park, the largest natural reserve in Central America. He has created 100 full time jobs for locals in coffee and dried fruit processing, and also provides housing and medical care for his seasonal indigenous workers from neighboring Panama. This medium roast brings out all of the special qualities of this Costa Rica coffee and makes a very versatile brew!
- Region: Province of Puntarenas
- Producer: Roberto Montero of Finca Amistad
- Process: Washed
- Notable: Organically grown
- Tasting notes: Toffee nut aroma with flavors of cocoa powder, honey and a hint of plum. Lively lime acidity, yet smooth with lighter body.
Route 606 is our ever-evolving medium roast house blend with solid body & a clean finish. Gets you in the express lane as a straight shot and is a sublime ride in a latte.
*2016 Bronze Medal winner in Compak Golden Bean roasting competition!
- Region: The Americas and East Africa
- Variety: House blend
- Process: Washed
- Notable: Blend of organically-grown/fair trade & RFA beans
- Tasting Notes: Caramel, cocoa nibs, cherry, orange rind, light lemon.
Sourced from the slopes of Mount Elgon in the Bugisu region from family owned farms. Our Uganda is extremely versatile! We find that it makes a rich & deep brewed coffee, single origin espresso and also cold brew or Japanese style iced coffee. You can’t go wrong!
- Region: Kapchorwa District E. Uganda
- Producer: Sipi Falls Coffee
- Process: Fully washed & sun dried
- Roast: Medium dark
- Flavor Notes: Caramelized sugar, cocoa, molasses, mildly earthy, mellow plum acidity
Try our latest Decaf find! These beans come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, where they are slowly revitalizing their coffee industry after a difficult civil war. Using compressed carbon dioxide, the beans are soaked in an environmentally friendly and chemical free way, and caffeine is drawn out using carbon filters. We think you’ll find that the flavor is very clean and pretty incredible!
- Region: Kivu, East Congo
- Process: Washed, CO2 Decaf Method
- Notable: Organically-grown
- Roast: Medium
- Tasting Notes: A very clean coffee with chocolate aromas, sweet butterscotch tones, spiced orange acidity and syrupy body. You’ll hardly know it’s decaf!