No products in the cart.
Our San Franciscan roaster is a hand-crafted American-made work of art, designed and built by coffee roasting professionals in Carson City, NV, and is perfect for our small-batch roasts. We roast in the light to medium-dark range because we believe it brings out the most interesting flavors in the beans such as fruit, nut, and spice notes.
We carefully select and cup every lot of green beans in our roastery in order to best describe its flavor profile. We start by smelling the ground coffee for fragrance notes. Next, we pour hot water over the grounds and smell for aromatic notes. Last, we slurp the liquid and taste for flavor notes. Our collective experience of the coffee becomes the basis for the descriptive labels you’ll find on our bags.
Route 606 is our ever-evolving medium roast house blend with solid body & a clean finish. Gets you in the express lane as a straight shot and is a sublime ride in a latte.
*2016 Bronze Medal winner in Compak Golden Bean roasting competition!
- Region: The Americas and East Africa
- Variety: House blend
- Process: Washed
- Notable: Blend of organically-grown/fair trade & RFA beans
- Tasting Notes: Caramel, cocoa nibs, cherry, orange rind, light lemon.
A very special light-roasted African coffee to highlight complexity of flavor. These beans were brought in by our coffee colleague & importer Ruth Ann Church of Artisan Coffee Imports in Ann Arbor, MI. Read her blogspot here to learn how buying this coffee supports women in business from Africa to America!
- Region: Rutsiro District, western Rwanda
- Producers: Ejo Heza women’s cooperative
- Process: Fully washed
- Noteable: Fair trade & Rainforest compliant
- Tasting Notes: Clean, complex brew with sparkling acidity & smooth body. Winey with hints of bubble gum, strawberry jam, clove & animal cracker.
A melange roast of 100% organically grown, fair trade Colombian. Half of the batch is roasted medium and the other half medium-dark to create greater complexity. Makes a well-balanced “everyday” cup of coffee that is also nice with cream!
- Region: Tolima
- Variety: Castilla, Caturra, Tabl, Typica
- Process: Washed
- Notable: Organically grown
- Flavor Notes: Sweet caramel and raisin flavors are rounded out by cocoa and spice tones. Mild citric acidity and a clean finish.
This is a really nice lot of beans from the island of Java. It’s cupping spicy & sweet and is proving to be a delicious single origin coffee and also a good blender. Roasted medium-dark for those that enjoy a bolder cup and something to stand up to rich, creamy desserts. Taman Dadar means “flower garden” and describes the way the coffee plants are colorfully grown among other native plants.
- Region: Eastern Java, Indonesia
- Process: Wet hulled; sun dried
- Roast: Medium-dark
- Notable: Organically grown by smallholders; Rainforest Alliance
- Flavor Notes: Baker’s chocolate, bourbon, hickory, nutmeg, clove, caramelized orange acidity.
Try our latest Decaf find! These beans come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, where they are slowly revitalizing their coffee industry after a difficult civil war. Using compressed carbon dioxide, the beans are soaked in an environmentally friendly and chemical free way, and caffeine is drawn out using carbon filters. We think you’ll find that the flavor is very clean and pretty incredible!
- Region: Kivu, East Congo
- Process: Washed, CO2 Decaf Method
- Notable: Organically-grown
- Roast: Medium
- Tasting Notes: A very clean coffee with chocolate aromas, sweet butterscotch tones, spiced orange acidity and syrupy body. You’ll hardly know it’s decaf!